Youth on Course
|*** Youth on Course membership sign-up for 2018 will begin in early December. More details to come. ***|
The CDGA and CDGA Foundation began a partnership with Youth on Course in 2016.
Founded by the Northern California Golf Association in 2006 and headquartered in Pebble Beach, Youth on Course has expanded its reach to 13 additional states, including Illinois. The organization subsidizes rounds for its age 6-18 members, ensuring that they can play for $5 or less. Youth on Course pays participating courses the difference between the $5 and their respective junior rates, allowing youths access to the game and courses a full tee sheet, future players and increased revenue. Since its inception, the organization has subsidized 500,000 rounds for its 15,000 members.
Youth on Course made a successful Illinois debut in 2017, as 6,300 rounds were played by 3,200 Youth on Course members at 50 local courses.
Youth on Course Resources
* YouthonCourse.org: Website for Youth on Course
* Course Map: See which local golf courses are participating in the program
* Kids Stuff: Guest essay in Chicago District Golfer from Youth on Course executive director Adam Heieck
* Welcome Video: Kris Bryant and Jason Heyward of the Chicago Cubs welcome Youth on Course to Chicago
* Youth on Course expands to Chicago & Las Vegas: Press release announcing the new partnership