Personal Trainer, World Long Drive competitor and Wheaton native Steve Kois knows what it takes to generate speed and launch a drive. Kois is one of the top-15 ranked long drivers in the world. He has 10 top-10 finishes on the World Long Drive Tour, including 5 appearances at the World Championship and consecutive top-10 finishes there.
In partnership with the CDGA and CDGA Foundation, Kois is set to host a monthly Winter Speed Program designed to maximally increase your speed and driving distance.
The program begins on Jan. 1 and runs for three months. The cost is $150 per month with 10% of proceeds benefitting the CDGA Foundation.
CDGA members who utilize this program will receive:
As part of the program, there is a contest for the participants to see who can improve their speed the most.
- Initial individual assessment video chat.
- Weekly workout program to increase your speed.
- Videos exclusively for this program to coach proper technique and demonstrate new exercises and drills.
- Live Zoom calls with Steve and a top-ranked IPGA Professional discussing speed, distance, etc. and answering any specific questions.
CDGA members interested in participating in this Winter Speed Program should email Steve at email@example.com.
- Participants record their maximum ball speed on a launch monitor (if the participant does not have access to one, Steve will help to find a time and location for you to use one).
- After the program ends, participants test their maximum speed again and record the difference.
- The biggest increase in MPH wins!
- Prizes for the participants who improve their speed the most will include equipment and other special offers.
*** Just for members of this program, discounted Personal Training will also be available. ***
Kois has also conducted four other video series in partnership with the CDGA:
In addition, Kois has partnered with the CDGA Foundation to perform and raise money for the Foundation's programming that benefits the lives of individuals with special needs, veterans and youth. Kois is available to perform at your CDGA member club or golf outing by displaying his long-drive capabilities. He can also speak about how to improve fitness, strength, flexibility and mobility to help your outing competitors play their best golf. For more information on how to incorporate this into your next outing or at your CDGA member club, while also benefiting the CDGA Foundation, contact Kois at firstname.lastname@example.org.